High-Tech Consortium launches European Technology Platform for High-Performance Computing
Barcelona/Jülich/Munich 22nd July 2011
PROSPECT, an open European association of leading suppliers and users of supercomputers from industry and academia, starts a European Technology Platform for High-Performance Computing. Its aim is to help Europe realise the highly promising economic, scientific and societal benefits of High Performance Computing (HPC).The Technology Platform will define research priorities for European HPC in the form of a Strategic Research Agenda submitted to the Commission and will help ensure that public investment in HPC delivers the widest possible benefit to European business and society.
There was also a session on the International Suercomputing Conference ISC´11 in Hamburg, which was taped and published in InsideHPC
PROSPECT panelists discuss the creation of a European Technology Platform for HPC.
- Moderator: Dr S. Girona, Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, Operations Director
- Kostas Glinos, The European Commission
- Dr. G. Tecchiolli, Eurotech, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
- Mr. H. R. Falter, ParTec Cluster Competence Center, Chief Operating Officer
- Prof. T. Lippert, Research Centre Jülich, Institute for Advanced Simulation (IAS), Managing Director, also Prospect Executive Committee member
- Prof. A. Bode, Leibniz Research Centre, Managing Director, also Prospect Executive Committee member