ParTec is looking for a support engineer located either in Munich or Julich (North Rhine-Westphalia). The role is for a support Engineer working alongside our existing support staff at those locations. The job entails the technical support of ParTec software products (ParaStation) together with operational support of customer machines.
A suitable candidate will have experience in the administration of Linux-based compute clusters. More general experience in the field of high-performance computing is desirable. ParTec is particularly interested in persons qualified in the following areas:
- Linux system administration
- Cluster computing knowledge.
- Parallel applications programming & debugging (MPI)
- Networking skills - interface configuration, IP Subnetting, VLAN configuration, 802.xx knowledge
- Specialist High speed interconnects Knowledge (eg InfiniBand)
- Bash / Perl scripting.
- C / C++ Programming
- Parallel Application Debugging - Totalview / gdb
- MPI Programming
- Parallel Application Profiling
- Experience in the setup and administration of the Lustre Parallel Filesystem
All candidates are required to have good communication skills in both German and English (both spoken and written). Working in small teams, ParTec offers diverse programs of work that give individuals the opportunity to work on some of the worlds most advanced supercomputers.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume application with salary expectations to career(at)par-tec.com.